G Suite for Education
The Grandview School District will be utilizing Google G Suite for Education to augment classroom learning. All students, grades 3 through 12 will have a G Suite account.
G Suite allows the Grandview School District to provide access for students and staff to Google’s communication and collaboration applications at no charge. All services are hosted on the Grandview School District (GSD) G Suite domain, and are available to students and staff from any internet-connected computer, as well as many mobile devices. As mentioned above only students from grades 3-12 will be granted G Suite accounts.
GSD G Suite includes the following services:
- Gmail – Secondary Students (High School/Middle School) have access to Gmail. This provides an efficient way to collaborate with teachers and other students. Gmail also provide ample email storage, and strong spam filtering to protect student privacy. Primary students (3-5) are not given access to Gmail.
- Calendar – Allows easy coordination of assignments and due dates throughout the school year.
- Drive - Provides secure cloud storage for students and staff. Allows users to create and collaborate on documents, spreadsheets, presentations, forms, and drawings in real-time. As well as upload and share any file type. Google Drive allows student to create and maintain student work portfolios that will be preserved for their entire time they are a student in the Grandview School District.
- Classroom – Google Classroom is a powerful educational tool. Google Classroom makes teaching more productive and meaningful by streamlining assignments, boosting collaboration, and fostering communication. Educators can create classes, distribute assignments, send feedback, and see everything in one place. Classroom also seamlessly integrates with other Google tools like Google Docs and Drive.
- Other tools and add-ons may be made available to students in our Domain. These tools will be thoroughly reviewed, and selected, by District Administration and the Technology Department.