/* Google Analytics Script */ /*End Google Analytics Script */
The students are actively working on building skills in the following areas during the current 6 week cycle which is scheduled to end prior to Spring Break.
Mondays - SPEED TYPING AND BOOK CLUB
- For 30 minutes each Monday, attending youth are working on increasing their typing speed using online programs to enhance typing skills.
- Youth will engage in a free and voluntary reading group with their peers. No assignments, no homework, and no quizzes! Reading for fun as it should be!
Tuesdays - SWIMMING LESSONS
- Youth are split into two groups and are working on their swimming skills with their instructor. We have youth who swim at different levels and the instructor is meeting their needs based on where they're at.
Wednesdays - WEIGHT TRAINING
- Currently youth are learning how to navigate the weight room. They are learning the different types of exercise programs and the results that each program produces. They are being instructed how to properly and safely perform each lift.
Thursdays - 3D PRINTING
- Youth are beginning to learn how the 3D printer works. They have begun to learn the software used to print 3D images. They are currently working on a 3D, 6 sided dye, and will soon be transitioning into creating their own 350x microscope which can be attached to their smartphone.