Title I is a federal program that serves the unique needs of children - kindergarten to grade 12 - who struggle to learn. Title I programs and services enrich time at school with customized instruction and curriculum that helps these students meet academic standards and take an active, engaged interested in what they learn and can do.Services offered through Title I may include:
- Smaller classes or special instructional spaces.
- Additional teachers and aides.
- Opportunities for professional development for school staff.
- Extra time for teaching Title I students the skills they need.
- A variety of supplementary teaching methods.
- An individualized program for students.
- Additional teaching materials which supplement a student's regular instruction.