Your levy dollars go to support programs and services not covered by state basic education funding. They bridge the gap between state and federal funding and what it actually costs to run a school district.
For example, levy funds pay for the enhancement of:
- Health & Safety: School resource officers, security officers and nurses.
- Student Learning & Staffing: Advanced Placement, Highly Capable, professional development & training, substitute teachers, special education support, additional technology support, field trips to supplement student learning, breakfast and lunch support.
- Instructional Support: Secretaries, para-educators & curriculum.
- Athletics & activities: School athletics, coaches, advisors, extracurricular activities, competitions, fine arts and transportation.
- Operations & Maintenance: Custodians, grounds & maintenance workers, building maintenance, equipment, supplies, utilities, fuel, vehicles & maintenance.
To help highlight your levy dollars at work, the district has created a Levy Supported Stamp. You'll see this stamp when we post about activities, programs and other offerings that are typically supported by the levy.