Show Us Your Mask Campaign

  • Show Us Your Mask

    The Grandview School District is partnering with school districts throughout the county in a social media campaign to help spread the word about the important role masks play in our fight against COVID-19 and the steps we can take to help our schools reopen in the fall. We're all in this together.

    More than 60% of Yakima residents are considered essential workers which makes social distancing additionally challenging. The Yakima Health District conducted random tests of open businesses to determine the percentage of residents and essential workers that were following the recommendation to wear masks in public spaces. Data showed only 35% of residents were following these recommendations and wearing appropriate face coverings to reduce the spread of COVID-19. On the other hand, 65% were not wearing any type of face mask. 

    Our county has one of the highest COVID infection rates on the West Coast and is very far off from the recommendations for the next phase of re-opening. Without social distancing and a reduction in the spread, it doesn’t look likely we will be able to move into a phase that will allow for the re-open of our local schools in the fall. 

    It is our hope that this SHOW US YOUR MASK social media campaign will help spread awareness to our communities about the importance of reducing the spread in an effort to reopen our schools. 

    Participating Districts: 

    • East Valley School District No.90
    • Sunnyside School District 
    • Yakima School District
    • Selah School District
    • Wapato School District
    • Grandview School District

Coloring Sheet