Continuous Learning for Grades 6th-12th
Grandview School District has developed a continuous learning plan for all secondary students to learn remotely during the COVID-19 school closure for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year. Focus will be on reviewing essential standards interrupted by the closure and key standards not taught prior to the closure. Teachers will collaborate to create meaningful learning opportunities with the understanding that they will not be able to cover an entire area or subject.
- Will post the weekly schedule in Google Classroom (6-8) Canvas (9-12th) by Monday 9:00 A.M.
- Will post office hours throughout the week and be available to connect with students and answer questions support weekly lessons
- Will take student attendance/participation weekly
- Will monitor progress of learning and provide feedback to students through synchronous communication
- Will collaborate with colleagues to prepare and plan learning and collectively create short videos to support learning (asynchronous video)
- Make contact every week
- Complete lessons posted by their teachers at their own pace
Student Time Commitment
Student Instructional Time follows OSPI guidance for maximum daily instructional time.
- 6th Grade - 90 minutes
- 7th and 8th Grade - 2.5 hours
- 9th through 12th grade - 3 hours
Teachers will post the weekly schedule by 9:00 A.M on Mondays. Students will be able to access posted lessons, view recorded teacher lessons and connect virtually with their teacher(s). Students working off-line will receive lessons via mail each Monday.
- Virtual Instruction/Office Hours: Students will be offered multiple opportunities to connect with their teacher. The schedule will include both a morning and afternoon offering flexibility to the student. Office hours are not mandatory but available to all students to connect and to receive further teaching and support for questions they have about any of the learning from the weekly posted lessons. Click here to see Grandview Middle School's office hours. Click here to see Grandview High School's office hours.
- Posted Lessons: Students will work individually and can receive support during teacher virtual office hours. Students working off-line will complete lessons individually and can connect with their teacher through Google Voice.