In general, the Grandview community believes the school district does a good job planning ahead and procuring facilities that will enable future growth, specifically withe the purchase of the city park and the improvements made to the elementary schools.
The Grandview community believes the Grandview High School needs improvements and will be the target for the district's next bond. That being said, stakeholders expressed a lack of knowledge in what the high school would need as well as the current state of the high school, even while stating that they felt the high school does, in fact, need work.
Community members also expressed wanting to see other needs including the elimination of portables, the creation of a performing arts center, and the completion of the swimming pool project with the city.
Specific priorities included:
- Many stakeholders believe that the high school will be the district's next target for improvements. Although this issue was stated by many stakeholders, there was some confusion expressed as to what the improvements would be or the current state of the high school.
- Many stakeholders mentioned that the district has too many portables, particularly at the middle school. In general, these stakeholders feel that the district should work on creating permanent classroom spaces and eliminate portable use.
- Several stakeholders mentioned the need for an auditorium or performing arts center for both musical and dramatic performances.
- A few stakeholders stated that the district should address needs at all of the schools, not just the high school, with the next bond.
- A few stakeholders expressed interest in having the district continue working with the city to finish the swimming pool project.